Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Baby L Blanket

A friend and his wife are expecting their second child. They have decided that, as they did with their first, (a BEAUTIFUL daughter) they would prefer not to learn the sex of the baby and have a lovely surprise come delivery time.

As soon as I heard the good news (since we had been sharing comfort to each other as we both tried) I started looking for patterns for the baby blanket I wanted to make for them.

I found this one , its not that hard and with a few modifications I made, I finished it a week or so ago. Since I had yarn left over, I started trying my hand at baby mitties... maybe booties next.

These pictures were taken with my cell phone so I know they're not the best quality, but you can still see the projects pretty clearly... Now I'm working on blue blankets for two different friends who are having boys and the second mittie for this :)

The blanket is worked in panels, here you see the first three panels joined together:

Here are more panels joined together as Mango holds it up for me. This is about three or so panels from completion:

My first attempt at a mittie, I think it looks really cute... of course its made to match the blanket :)

And finally, the two together...

There you have it... hope you liked them. I'll have to take more detailed pictures with the camera before I wrap this up to be presented to the parents :)


The Knit Wit Boobie :)

No comments: