Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Chance’s Sea Menagerie

My very dear friends are expecting their first child within the next few weeks.  It’s a boy and they’re naming him Chance.  His bedroom is a beautiful ocean scene and I created the following to welcome him to his wonderful family. 

As usual, I’m a terrible blogger and forgot to take any nice pictures of final projects before packing them up and shipping them out… maybe if I ask nicely, Chance’s parents will take a photo or two for me with them in his gorgeous nursery.  Fortunately, I have a quick cell phone shot of each gift I took as I worked on or completed each piece.

First, is his ocean waves blanket:
2012-04-10_10-53-31_109
I followed this pattern, but left off the fringe as I felt it would be a bit hazardous for an infant.

Then, a lovely stuffed star fish:
2012-03-12_16-22-05_844
I followed this pattern, but left off the face as to minimize any choking hazards.

A cutie patootie octopus:
2012-03-12_10-18-24_140
Again, I left the eyes off this pattern as well.

Finally a big soft whale:
facebook_779801404
To give you an idea of scale, my laptop is 17 inches.  I worked this from this pattern, using the notes on this blog to decipher it, as its in Japanese.

All of these were so much fun to make and Celeste has requested one of each for herself, I think I’ll just have to get cracking on them for her Smile

- The Knit Wit Boobie

1 comment:

Gary aka dad said...

Would u like the pictures with Mr Chance...if so it will pend on his arrival...if not i can send some sooner...ur choice :) we both love them so much the are incredible